PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airspace Policy Statement 2010
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 09:25
man on the ground

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lead
That's not the same as the total potential volume of airspace with radar coverage.
yes it is!

As I recall, there is a rather well known case, going back to the "Class G trial", where there was a big difference in the available (volume of) radar coverage, north of Sydney, and the coverage available to the working controller.
and I'm talking about current reality, not your recollections/perceptions of something over 10 years ago

I would be most surprised if the Eurocat facility of suppressing selected returns (say SSR 1200) has been written out of TAAAAAATS.
It hasn't; but very strict rules for any use, and never in the way are implying

There have been some "interesting" high level "policy" discussions about which ADS-B returns "might" be suppressed, to de-clutter a controller's screen --- this discussion based on the "potential" situation where ADS-B OUT was made mandatory, as many were/are demanding.
Not within Aus ATC there hasn't. Not even close to the truth, and you clearly don't understand the topic!

If you are a controller, do you really want to watch/be distracted by a bunch of AG sprayers looking like flies buzzing around in a bottle.
Yes! If providing services in/adjacent to G or E airspace, it is required!! you clearly have NO idea what a controllers display even looks like.

Best leave 'expert' comment to something you may be 'expert' in; which is obviously not ATC facilities