PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 09:10
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What has been described here is nothing especially new...
That's what they could have said about telegrams and then came telephones and e mail. That's what they could have said about horses and cars and then came along cars. That's what the said about slavery......and now it's coming back through peoples indifference and self preservation.

411A I really couldn't care a less if you have flown all the DCs from 2 to 10 and all the Boeings from 707 to 787. I could care a less if you are the Chief Pilot of BA, where BA stands for British Airways or Bugger All. I couldn't care a less if you have 200 hours or 200000 hours......you get the picture. You are well respected on these forums and your posts are specifically some of the posts, if I see them next to a new post, that I make an 'effort' to read. You are clearly one of the more experienced of us. You clearly have/ had some power with an airline. For you to have the attitude towards this that you have, demonstrates why we are so deep in the sh1t.

Don't have the cash to pony up, or....do not desire to do so?
Find another way to make a living/find another profession.
So the 19 year old blonde girl called Tattie next to you with the big cans and the desire to be srogged up in 4 years, who has a dad who is a director at Nomura and will pay anything his little girl wants (regardless of the fact the price apparently went up when the unprecedented, ludicrous demand for it was seen), just so she can be yet another empowered woman to reserve her full time seat in an airline and then work part time (and that's nothing against women, I am of all people am not sexist and this thread doesn't need to go down that road - it's just a powerful example to my mind) versus the guy with 1000 hours VC-10 time flying in the RAF, 800 hours flying A320s and a couple of kids is left high and dry, without a job and without a chance because......wait for it......he wont 'pony up the cash'. Nice. Is this what Darwin was talking about when he said 'only the strong will survive'? If you think so then his words have gone right over your head. Someone elses wealth is artificial strength. Its need shows your weakness. He also flexibility and adaptability is paramount to 'survival'. He didn't mean like this. This is like when a cat toys with its prey and then doesn't eat it. Not being flexible.

company management couldn't care less.
They will do when their crews, that are meant to work to a 30 minute turn around all of a sudden seem to be going slower. Or their crews develop some nuts and refuse to work until they are paid their worth.

411A, I am assuming you have been in this game a while. Have you not seen that your salary in the early 90s was about 80K a year and now......in just shy of 2010 it is......80K a year......if you are lucky. And going backwards. Nevermind, it would require you to make a difference for the future. Yet you'll so happily recycle plastic milk bottles as part of the Kyoto agreement. I'm going to let you in to a secret, but shhhhh, you are making the square root of f all difference to anything and if you would just be flexible from your current age old mindset and strong with it you might find you can make a positive difference, together with your fellow, job loving piloting workforce. I ask you all again, PLEASE do not accept this. Easyjet pilots, don't just think you're doing your bit by posting on here, it's not enough, as 411A rightly points out, airline management don't care......in fact they probably love it. If they aren't frightened by what you can do, show them what effect it will have when you don't do something. Abscence makes the heart grom fonder and all that.

This is a very unstable situation, that is, when displaced from its neutral point it will continue on in this direction until someone or some people act on it and correct it. It needs rectifying - before it's happened. What am I saying, these guys have probably started TRs haven't they?

Norman sorry I should have quoted what I was replying with metaphors to.

The little rich kids who Daddy saw all right are a relatively small part of this. clanger32 and others are faced with no other way into aviation and are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. Even Oxford Aviation has stuffed them in taking part in this shameful exercise. This is like blaming child prostitutes in Thailand for taking the 'work' and thereby creating the business.
Is the bit I was refering to. You remove one of the parties and there is no 'Tango' to be danced. Be the big man/ woman and say no to this.