PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlink Accident in George 7 December '09
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 04:20
titaniumspoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Cost" saving.....

The results of Airlink's cost saving are very apparent. J41, gone! Embraer 145 damaged to a huge degree. How does this tie in with money saved? Maybe the insurance money received was lucrative? Surely, and certainly my thoughts may well be wrong, but how can the sum total of all RF's cost saving under the authority of his very specifically selected JVJ, be more than the money he has lost through two CRASHES and a few other incidents? RF's way of making a company achieve good profits is certainly 'different'! I wonder what the big companies who have large stakes in Link think of his lackey who he appointed to hurt the pilots? Yes, he certainly does achieve much in that direction, but at what cost for that personal satisfaction?
The latest audit by the Aviation Authority yielded apparently no anomalies! A very few technical aspects of maintenence, which can in any case everywhere be improved upon with all airlines, and no wrong doings with the flying side! Wow, truly amazing! What a terrible spate of bad luck then, huh?
My contact inside (reliable and trustworthy and non-emotional) tells me, there is nothing going on inside to change anything. Management are extreemly happy with the way the company is being run and don't intend to change anything! In fact they seem to have 'battoned down the hatches' and are riding out the storm!
The Legacy of Capt S.L. will remain intact and shiny simply because he was employed to make "recommendations". This he will do, make no mistake, in the best usable detail. However, what gets done about his recommendations is entirely a different story. Do the Aviation Authorities ever get to see his recommendations? Hell No!!
How will RF act on the recommendations? Well lets see: Mmmm, this will cost extra, leave that for now. This will cost nothing or virtually nothing, certainly do that! Also, anything which will be visibly seen by the press and travelling passengers as a change, do that!
The underlying causes which affect the safety of the passengers and people on the ground will not change!
The brief will certainly include: "Remember to say nice things to your staff! This costs nothing. I want to see briefings/notices/certificates/lauded honours/public company applause to all staff", as long as it doesn't include an increase of cost. Keep the profit at a maximum for the shareholders!
Capt S.L. you can start walking away now already shacking your head thinking to youself "Why won't he listen?!" He is using you in his very accomplished strategy. Look and learn my learned friend and true champion of aviation.
Remember RF, you might despise your pilots as much as you like, but it is them who have warned you- "The big one is coming", and then you won't have just one dead pilot.