PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 01:12
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My biggest annoyances from some people when reading other forums is that they think that striking for 12 days is the only way to force BA to the table - that's right the same BA that wrote to the Union to say they are still up for talks about New Fleet etc etc./.. the only thing changed is crew complements. If the union want them to remove the imposition then a)BA will have to replace the manpower shortfall by new crew on new T&Cs probablly which we have all gathered that now. To then save the amount of money that the reduced crew complements WOULD BE saving, the Union would need to URGENTLY (none of this we say no you say no we don't agree wah! I don't want to listen to a presentation would cut it!) make savings some other way. HUGE paycut anyone?? Like someone pointed out, in order to save £140m from 14000 crew with a paycut alone you are looking at a HUGE loss of earning, somehow I don't think many people will agree to this. OK then single nightstops on WW, loss of day off on EF, fixed links, or EVERYONE working to scheme on hourly rate including those old contract crew at BASSA. Those are the only options, so I think I'd rather have one less crew member, sure it might be a struggle on some flights but with tweaks in routines etc then I'm sure it will be fine! BA have shown they are willing to talk about the rest. The longer the union moan about ''we can't let them get away with this'' then BA will say, too late we have to introduce New Fleet for our new recruits. Why can't they see that. Do they really think by striking BA will put the extra crew back on board and faff around for another 9 months not getting anywhere because the union can't accept things change????
It's not BA needing to return to the table it is the Union needing to return to planet Earth