PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Line training: the debate
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 21:52
Cirrus_Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pilots who I know who fly jets were lucky enough to have the airline fund the TR as a bond and one of those was Easyjet and they were all modular - times sure have changed.

It sounds like the airlines just hard/tight for cash like everyone and most businesses and the best way to minimise the risk is to get the pilots to carry the burden on their shoulder with even more debt and the airline still wins. ... until pilots decide to stop paying!!!

I'm still progressing with my training but if airlines keep on doing this I have a feeling I may just give up rather than "paying" an employer to give me a job. We'll no doubt see extra costs on top of a TR for the pilot to pay and will become no doubt the norm (line training) .. in short, the career isn't worth pursuing at all, whilst all the time your expected to pay more and more, not guranteed a job or could loose it on the click of the finger if you *** up your medical! There are some who may sell their home to live in a Caravan or shed to try and make it work!

There will become a point that trainees from e.g. CTC, OAA etc will start seeing that being massively in debt and being pilled with more and more debt is just ... but hey, some learn the hard way

I'm actually glad I didn't get accepted by CTC, I think they did me a favour in many ways and let others get massively in debt, with even more debt potenially from the sounds of things, thanks

There is more to life than just being bankcrupt and helping keep a business in business with your own money! lol

Right that's that out of my system! Can't believe how this industry is developing!!

Last edited by Cirrus_Clouds; 22nd Dec 2009 at 22:29.