PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 21:14
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gg

Ottergirl, I'd like to ask you your opinion on getting an hourly pay instead of your current type of allowances. I'm not talking numbers here, it's a hypothetical question.
Good evening everyone.
For Gg, I am not against an hourly rate on shorthaul per se. What concerns me about it is the experience our shorthaul pilots are having at the moment; their allowance rate was set a while back when the Euro was about 1.5 to the pound and it is now par. This means that it is quite expensive for them to eat downroute. If we had an hourly rate I would want it reviewed regularly. Of course, if the UK ever entered the Euro-zone then it would be no problem. The monthly travel payment I do have a problem with as it rewards those who do the least work at the expense of those who do the most. Not the way forward I believe. I can see that it might help even out the work on long-haul and, it might even enable them to have a Carmen style bidding system.
As a cost saving measure, an hourly rate doesn't help BA much. There is a slight saving around NI contributions and admin, thats all.

For Two-tone blue
I have never had the opportunity to state how utterly pi55ed off the OH and I are with the standard of service on LHR-IAD-LHR.
I am really sorry to hear you had a problem with your flight. Please share it with Customer relations. You will find a link on ba.com alternatively may I suggest that your OH contacts the Exec Club direct, they will be happy to take up the issue. Hope your next flight is all you wish for - come and fly short-haul, we're lovely!
Little round of applause for Ottergirl, somebody normal, with knowledge and understanding! Just as a thoughtI return from work via BUD on the 2nd -PM, - having promised never again. It will be interesting to see having had a less than savoury trip out, what the trip back will be like! Should I comment later?
Yes please. Lets hear how it goes.
p.s.I hope I'm not too normal; I was aiming for fascinating and enigmatic!

Last edited by ottergirl; 22nd Dec 2009 at 21:23. Reason: weird pasting