PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 21:11
Hspilot23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the world economy definately sucks for aviation right now and I know several thousand captains and FO's are furloughed because our sector took a hit, but at the same time I'm sure the reason some 5000hr airline pilots are still out of work is because they are picky. Not that it's a bad thing. I'm actually glad the entry level freight/life flight/corporate jobs are available to me and not the heavy drivers. So, thanks guys for not wanting to take a step back so that I can take one forward. If a 1500 hr CMEL/CFII such as myself can find work around the local airport(s) just by networking and sending out resumes there isn't much to say that a 200hr student can't find a job instructing if they motivated and flexible enough.

And as far as blasting this kid for not knowing what he was getting himself into... you people need to lighten up a bit. Or didn't you know that even seasoned veterans in aviation are not safe from an economic collapse... maybe you should have asked somebody about that before you got your PPL back in '95 when the market was strong...