PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 20:32
keel beam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissM, from my post from a few weeks back:

I always thought that the New Fleet was associated with the A380 and B787. So on that basis, I am certain New Fleet will happen.

I speculate that the A380 and B787 will end up doing the "lucrative" routes. So if this IS BASSA's line of thinking (though to be honest, reading through these threads I find it hard to believe at the moment) they would be upset at the "New Fleet" as all the money making routes will disappear.

Your post:

When, and not if, NewFleet comes through they'll start moving our best paid routes and starve us to work. Then they'll give us the ultimatium either to transfer on a new contract or point us to the door.
So you and I are in some sort of agreement.

Just to comment on your last sentence quoted above, from an Engineer's experience.....

About 15 years ago, Supervisors and Section Supervisors were told their jobs no longer existed as new grades had been created. They were "invited" to apply for these jobs. If they did not apply then they would be demoted.

I have also heard of similar happenings in other departments.

This is all to do with the changing times. It has finally caught up with the Cabin Crew, though in my eyes, you as a group have still got off relatively lightly at present. The above scenario is, I believe on its way for the CC.

IMHO, WW is moving too slowly. This issue needs to be resolved quickly and if the Union and Management can actually start negotiating with POSITIVE ways of doing this then we can all look to a future of BA ruling the air again. If not, then harsher measures will surely happen.

The input from some of our customers' experience on this thread are similar to my experience on some flights I have taken. Their postings should not be taken with a pinch of salt. Their input should be used as a wake up call, some have already said they will not fly BA. How much longer can those that are still flying with BA hang on before they finally desert us? Not too long me thinks.

Jockster - have you been reading my mind ?

Last edited by keel beam; 22nd Dec 2009 at 20:39. Reason: Jockster's post above