PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 18:28
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaffy
As others have said, British Airways flights can be the best in the business. The crews are often fabulous, and their pride in doing a first class job for their customers is evident. Passengers get off with a feeling of wellbeing. Everyone’s happy. Then they take the return flight and it’s like they were on a different airline. Why not have anonymous standards inspectors travelling in the cabin to try to improve consistency. I’ll volunteer!
Sorry, Captain, missed your earlier post.

After a lifetime in the military, you get used to "someone" being in overall command. Sadly, in the post 9/11 world, you and your kin are locked away on the flight deck. And perhaps the Unions won't let you interfere with non-driving issues?

independent audits - OMG, Unite and BASSA would have the biggest hissy fit since Scargill. The thought that we, the paying customers, might possibly have a voice in what happens during our 7/8+ hours in the alloy tube? Wash your mouth out with soap, Skipper!

I cite my earlier remarks about MaxJet - a shame they expanded too fast [as the Captain commented to me at IAD on our last trip]. But at least they understood what 'customer service' was about - BIG TIME. Boarding at STN - "Whenever you're ready, we're boarding now but there's no need to rush."