PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 18:19
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are so many things to comment on..

Two-tone, I'm mortified reading your post about how you've been treated. I genuinely mean this: I'm sorry. I know I wasn't on your flight, but I still feel the need to apologise. These crew members shouldn't be in the job, as they clearly don't know how to provide customer service. If you do choose another flight with us, please do fill in a comments card. I know you shouldn't have to, but unfortunately it's necessary.

MissM, I have a funny feeling that regardless what we say to you, you will only believe what Bassa tell you. We have to accept that, I suppose. What you will have to accept, though, is that we're trying to come up with a solution. May I recommend that you read this thread and the previous thread (now locked) before any other comments (if you haven't already done so)?

I don't want to get into a personal discussion here, but if you've been flying for 15 years, I'm wondering what school you went to before you started? In those days, you had to be at least 21 yo, and nurse/nursing/hospitality/child care qualifications/ customer service experience to name a few as an example. Do you mean you started flying straight from a college or that you had experience from somewhere else? I'm not "attacking" you, just wondering.

In regards to the slots at LHR, we might be forced to sell some slots to raise money if we can't control costs. This will in turn reduce our flying capacity, less opportunity for revenue, and a slippery slope into oblivion. This rescession is very real, and we need to deal with it now, although preferably several months ago.

So, to try to bring us back on track for finding solutions:

We agree changes have to be made. We are trying to come up with ideas what kind of changes we can live with and how to implement them. I understand the threat of NewFleet, and that's why I'm trying this option. If we could only come up with enough savings that was acceptable to the cc community and management/board, then maybe, just maybe we could do something about NewFleet (it's a long shot, but worth having a go). And contrary to what some people may believe, I have no "new union" agenda here. I'm trying to save our company and jobs. Yes, I can hear you scream that I can't do it, but someone's got to try it, surely?

As I've said before, more ideas and solutions most welcome. Please keep it constructive and workable if you can.

Finally, I'd like to give you an alternative Christmas wish list:

Christmas gift suggestions:
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect.

Gg