PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 16:02
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's self evident that everyone wants to hold onto what they've got in the way of salaries and T & C's. But how much trouble does your employer have to be in before you're willing to make some sacrifices? You say you'll do "everything I can to hold on to what I have". Does that include helping to drive BA out of business? Wouldn't you agree that that's irrational? Because if that happens then you won't hold onto a thing - you'll lose everything.
Do you think UK's largest airline which holds some 40% of the slots at LHR would go out of business? Personally I don't think so and not many are, myself included, in the mood for WW and his fight over our T&C's which we have fought hard for. He won't be here for very much longer.

With respect, that's not your call to make. You may not be happy about it, but it's a management decision. They decide on crewing levels, not you.
We do have a responsibility for our passengers and one great concern is covering doors 5 on 747. We were taught in training and been more or less brainwashed not to leave those doors unmanned at any time. Now, all of the sudden it's all right to leave them once they have been armed as "passengers will remain seated and would have paid attention to the safety demo and know how to operate the door". It's rubbish!