PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 15:39
Andy_S

Received 69 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by MissM
I started flying right after school and have been here for almost 15 years and will do everything I can to hold on to what I have. I'm sure that's what most people want and I can't see anything wrong with that.
I think it's self evident that everyone wants to hold onto what they've got in the way of salaries and T & C's. But how much trouble does your employer have to be in before you're willing to make some sacrifices? You say you'll do "everything I can to hold on to what I have". Does that include helping to drive BA out of business? Wouldn't you agree that that's irrational? Because if that happens then you won't hold onto a thing - you'll lose everything.

Originally Posted by MissM
Because once it's gone it will never come back. Like, the 16th crew member which we lost a few years ago. It was a temporary measurement. Where is it? Gone! Do you think we'll get the purser on upper deck back? No! Do you think we'll get the purser on main deck in Club World back? No!
With respect, that's not your call to make. You may not be happy about it, but it's a management decision. They decide on crewing levels, not you.