PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Laptop colour + Gamut advice
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 14:42
planecrazy.eu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The MAC is coming up a winner for me at the moment, as its got the right hardward and a good screen that is very easy to calibrate as i have read a fair few of these brilliant screens just dont callibrate well...

As far as i was aware, you can run windows just as well on a MAC, and you have the bonus of been able to run within one another if you need both open at the same time ( i know performance would be flawed in this case )

Above said, the MAC is not good from a software developers point of view, and i wanted to know a little more as a fair chunk of my work is code based, and the rest graphics, motion and audio.

I would never consider buying a MAC desktop, as they seem very expensive for the hardware thats in them, and the screens are not really all that when compared to some tops makers high end models that are still in most cases cheaper.

I have been looking at the Dell XPS16, RGB LED LCD, so good colour, but i have read a fair few places its hard to callibrate the colours, reds in particular.

My solution is looking better matched with getting an external monitor for colour work, and getting a laptop with good graphics and ok screen colour/illumination/etc...