PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 14:35
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't it fascinating that most of the comments on here are from either pilots, cabin crew down at LGW (with a few exceptions obviously), CrewForum spies or those who really don't know anything about IFCE and our agreements?

To you pilots; how would you feel if BA put forward a proposal which said that they will introduce an equivalent fleet to NewFleet with less basic salary plus a few pounds over market average which would you sooner or later have to transfer to or resign? Because that's exactly what will happen to us! It's sad if you can't or won't realize that obvious facts. Eventually there won't be any flights left for those of us on "mainline" and we'd be put on endless sby blocks. Yes, we might have this wonderful "fixed monthly travel payment" to rely on but for how long?

They have made it clear they don't want this job to be a career. They just want people to do this for a few years and then move on to something else. How do you think it feels for those of us who have been with the company for a long time and done our very best to them? I started flying right after school and have been here for almost 15 years and will do everything I can to hold on to what I have. I'm sure that's what most people want and I can't see anything wrong with that. It's not about being greedy, cheap or unwilling to negotiate. Because once it's gone it will never come back. Like, the 16th crew member which we lost a few years ago. It was a temporary measurement. Where is it? Gone! Do you think we'll get the purser on upper deck back? No! Do you think we'll get the purser on main deck in Club World back? No!

Don't start going on about LGW and how well it works down there. They AGREED to it. Nobody forced them to it as the case here at LHR. Maybe BA threathened to close the base but the vast majority of the crew have been recruited since SingleFleet was introduced. If it had been closed they probably would have been at LHR. I'm sure you do a very good job down there and you should pat yourself on your back for that.
gl

Last edited by MissM; 22nd Dec 2009 at 15:46.