PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets / Private Cabin Crew / VVIP / Amiri
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 12:06
vertigowerty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quHi... pti is recruiting and have courses starting in feb just for 8 months. there are 2 or 3 positions for permanent contarcts in zrh. the rest is fra and muc. Interview is easy, it is in english. you get staff tickets only with lx and lh after 3 and 6 months, but tickets are expensive. You can put your name for a transfer list. I was in zrh before, it was really expensive, it took me ages to transfer to germany. company is not that great, its a big mess with destinations changing all the time according to what routes lufthansa wants to "get rid off" but they will offer you only seasonal 8 months contracts for now, with a potential to be permanent att he end... Overall not the best place to work, so if you have an alternative go for that one. I am leaving pti in a few months, have had enough. training is in english, interview in english with a german test.

ps they will give you a letter to go the embassy for a us crew visa.(most of you will not need it as you will be going to tehran only in a few months as Lh is giving out that route) you can live in zrh with a eu passport. switzerland s in the eea, not in the eu so its ok. for any more estions ask.

To make things more clear, this is the letter that was sent to other people from the selection team. names have been omitted. they will tell you it is seasonal at the interview...typical pti. plus if you choose another base, if they offer you only zrh for example,you will have to pay for your accomodation while they train you in zrh.

Dear all,

I am very pleased to announce that the February course has been confirmed. It will begin on the 15th February in Zurich.

That this for an 8 months seasonal contract that might be continued at the end. Again, we cannot promise anything, but the strong and successful relation we have with our customer and partner Lufthansa allows us to say that the maybe you can stay in the company at the end of the contract.

As previously communicated, we are looking for Cabin Crew Members for our MUC and FRA bases. In addition, a few positions will be offered in ZRH - the priority will be given to those of you who live in or close to Zurich. Once again, there is no need for you to re-apply or pass another interview; if you wish to join, the position is yours.

I will now cover some of the topics/questions I have received this week:

• SALARY PACKAGE FOR SEASONAL CONTRACTS
We are still working on that point, but the conditions should be the same as the package we introduced to you during the interview day. A detailed contract will be sent to you in due time for approval.

• AMSTERDAM BASE
We are not recruiting for our AMS base, and there is nothing in sight for the time being.

• COMMUTING
We do not request our Cabin Crew to live at their base’s vicinity and don’t have any airport standby. This said, keep in mind that you are entirely responsible for you commuting arrangements and costs.

• STAFF TRAVEL
You will be entitled to staff travel / ID tickets with both SWISS and Lufthansa but only after respectively 3 and 6 months (for both your commuting and private travel needs). The fares are approximately equivalent to ID75 for SWISS (75% off the highest full price) and ID90 for Lufthansa. Whatever your base is, you can take advantage of both airlines staff tickets - and the same stands for your registered life-partner. Also, PrivatAir employees have the same stand-by travel priority than Lufthansa staff.

• WAITING LIST FOR FUTURE OPENINGS
Yes, we will keep your file if you cannot join us now, but once again we cannot tell how long you will need to wait (for AMS openings, MUC full time positions, etc...), and we always give priority to our internal transfer list before recruiting externally.

Finally, now that the course is confirmed I would need you (if not done yet) to rapidly inform me if you would like join us at this occasion or not. Also, please let me know about your base preference MUC / FRA / ZRH - choose one primary and a second as back up.

I remain of course at your disposal for any other questions and already wish you the best for the coming week.

Kindest regards,