PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Regulatory Reform Program will drift along forever
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 11:54
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tailwheel,

Spot on!!

I could almost say that it started withe the first "Lane" report, several years prior to 1988, or even the "Minister's Report to Parliament" on the operation of the Air Navigation Act 1922, (Minister Schwartz), in 1966.

That 1966 report is the first time (that I have ever found) where a Minister suggested we, Australia, should look at the FAA system, which he thought seemed to work well (including a better air safety record), without driving/strangling the aviation industry into the dirt/bankruptcy (outcome of choice).

As you well know, as Ministers/CASA CEOs/Reformers come and go, there is a core self-pepetuating group within (now) CASA who are the self appointed guardians of the DCA/DoT-ATG/DoA/CAA/CASA "Culture". With its' svengali/eminence grise waiting in the wings.

The question I have never been able to answer is: "What has Australian aviation done, to consistently receive the (bureaucratic) treatment it does".

Sadly, this has been quite consistent, right back to the first Civil Aviation Department, as an offshoot of the Department of Air (if I have those early titles correct).

But ----- something new ----- This is the first time we have had a CASA CEO/DAR who blames the "industry" for the lack of progress.

Tootle pip!!

PS: In my opinion, the group referred to above have has a "big win" in finally driving Gippsland Aeronautics off-shore.