PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyglobespan into administration
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 11:16
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mach79 - you are correct - I should have said that I believe the expansion of Viking ('Hellas', 2009) arose from the XL/Kiss collapse. I think Viking have been on the go since around 2003 in Scandiland. It is the 'Greek' connection that is just a little suspicious - just look at Mr Wyatt and family and BPI, not to mention Mr Elia who appears to be 'unavailable' for interview.

There appears to be significant interweave in all of this. Lots of 'arms length' involvement quoted! The TTG had this to say in March, concerning another new travel venture:

"the new operation was working with a number of airline partners, including seat-only operator Kiss Flights, the trading name of Viking’s UK broker Meridian Aviation before it was sold to Flight Options. Kiss Flights was set up by former bosses of XL’s Freedom Flights."

It's the old - "if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.........."

It remains a tragedy, whatever the GS management failings, that so many employees have lost jobs in various airlines through dubious dealings. There is of course no proof of 'dodgy dealings' yet, but one hopes that someone somewhere is going to poke the muddy bottom of this pond.

Last edited by BOAC; 22nd Dec 2009 at 11:30.