PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Venezuela warns Colombia and US
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 11:04
Op_Twenty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know, I read too much Chomsky
It looks like most guys posting here would do well to go and read the great man's work. Maybe then they could develop an educated opinion and not some American regurgitated bullc$%p.

Have a look at 'The War on Democracy' by John Pilger and also 'Chavez - Inside the Coup' by Kim Bartley. When you've done that go and find 'The Power of Nightmares' - an excellent documentary by the BBC.

Try not to believe everything that you read in the Daily Mail. You're supposed to be able to think for yourselves, investigate, research and come to your own conclusions for crying out loud, it's embarrassing when you post such stupid comments, it brings down the whole forum.

I know that this is a blanket rant on this particular post and please appreciate that this is only aimed at those guys who are lazy and allow themselves to believe the spin - it is not aimed at those on here that I know post intelligent, reasoned and thoughtful arguments - sorry you had to read this.

For those others, go read Chomsky, Naomi Klein (Shock Doctrine), Mark Curtis, Thomas Frank - any of those will get you started, and all those documentaries above can be found on Google Videos, so you don’t even have to put in any effort whatsoever to educate yourselves. Watch ‘The Power of Nightmares’ and that should give you a good start point.

Last edited by Op_Twenty; 22nd Dec 2009 at 12:42. Reason: 'Cos I got into rant mode at the end and that was unfair to the forum, sorry guys.