PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 07:48
eu01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jferreira20
It's ridiculous to think that FR will continue to grow as they are doing right know.
But the truth is that it could grow much more.
Many of these potential destinations you mentioned are distant ones, less attractive from the lcc's point of view. Of course one can calculate a number of options, if it pays. I'd rather concentrate on improving the product to appeal to a broader range of passengers. In many ways; improving the way people perceive the brand, addressing business travellers, refining the schedules. More controversial remains the question of connecting flights, in some(!) cases it also could be considered as a viable minimal-risk option bringing new streams of pax, though.
They could also start flying to Slovenia, Bulgaria, Cyprus.
Actually, they used to fly to Slovenia a couple of years ago (to Maribor) and withdrew.

Feliz Natal!

At the end I'll show you the curiosity I've found today. The Financial publishes Ryanairs reaction tp BAA appeal on monopoly break-up. It's a copy of a Ryanair News Release, with one exception:

Ryanair:
Ryanair, Britain’s favourite airline, today (21 Dec 2009) said it was deeply disappointed by the decision of the Competition Appeals Tribunal to allow part of the appeal by the BAA monopoly...
The Financial:
Ryanair, Britain’s one of the favourite airlines, today (21 Dec 2009) said it was deeply disappointed by the decision of the Competition Appeals Tribunal to allow part of the appeal by the BAA monopoly...
Merry Christmas to all!