PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Laptop colour + Gamut advice
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 02:29
Jofm5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt.V

Of course your entitled to your own opinion as are we all.....

We do need to however establish a fair perspective.

As a mac user you will get a very stable environment because the restricted number of platforms the OS will run on. OSX is tied to only work with those machines provided by apple. There are many hacks to this but above board OSX requires apple hardware.

It is very boring this discussion, the whole mac vs PC - they are two different machines with two different goals.

A mac is a great machine, I own one, but would I RISK going day to day with it the answer is never. I can further explain that if you like but on the whole it does the generality of what the general population wants in an adequate manner. However if we deviate from the norm the mack is just a useless brick.

I need to know that what I need to do will work, okay some bright spark may have a freeware add on for this that or the other but can I run a business on this principle ?

The worst thing apple ever did is tie their OS to their hardware, it is only viable cause of the iphone.

I personally hate to see the fact that mac owners openly promote a mac just because it does what they require and think its the great solution to everyone.

As a software developer working on the mac at the moment I can only say I think its a huge can of worms at least from my perspective.