PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Colour laser printer advice
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2009, 17:57
pendrifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OKI lasers superb

Hi, I may be a bit late with this two-pence worth.
OKI printer the bees knees.
I've had two. First, OKI 5750, I found the toner cartridge life a bit short. I should point out that I produce a monthly, 52-page, A5 size magazine, with colour throughout 400+ copies)! With the duplex unit and collating facility, it's a doddle. (But not everyone needs this capacity.)
After a few months I sold the 5750 and bought the 5950. A bit better on toner, but branded cartridge still very expensive. But such a reliable machine. Had this machine almost a year and it's done 250,000 pages! Really good as at certain page counts you need to renew image drums (x4), fuser unit and belt. OK the're not cheap, but it keeps the quality 100%. I now found work-arounds the replacement units, and the toner, so the costs are tumbling.
Photo quality, I use a 230gsm high white coated cartridge paper, which as the 5950 is adjustable to use 60gsm paper to an ultraheavy board is fine.
The machines are a bit more expensive than some others - but so easy to use and reliable.
You need to shop around.
I've really got to grips with this machine so if you still have some queries, send me pm, and I'll willingly help all I can.
Happy Christmas!!