PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Professional Flight Training - IR CPL MEP
Old 21st Dec 2009, 16:29
indyk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I thought I might add my thoughts about PFT – all the instructors and student that have been there for the last 6months will know who I am and will know my feelings at the moment. So I’m going to hide behind any login names.

As a potential airline student and as an individual coming from an academic background that has had no previous aviation knowledge, I tried to do as much research in training providers as possible. On doing so I narrowed my choices to a few options. PFT then became my final choice, as I was told I was going to get the best training in England, and like many of you I embarked on a journey that will finally result in becoming an airline pilot. (Or so I thought). I started my modular training at PFT at PPL level and have watch patiently while I complete my ground ATPL’s . If I had known that my training was going to be like this I defiantly would have gone elsewhere. If it wasn't for a few individuals that kept my going at the school I wouldn’t have continued with my training and left my dream in aviation.

Reading some of the previous posts above - I have had 1st hand experience and seen some of the unjust demands made by the so called capt Bolton.

From the 1st day I started at PFT the so called capt Mike Bolton has never been truthful in his convictions, actions or his words with me or with any of other students or instructors that have been through this training organisation.

All training pilots and instructors from any respected flight school know that a structure is fundamental and the 1st few hours in the FNPT simulator lay the foundation bricks for your all important instrument ratting. Along with experienced teaching, it’s essential that you receive continuity in such a vital time of your training. So as a Capitan who has a flight school orientated on IR and CPL you would have thought these facts would be the embedded in the foundation of your school!

With capt Bolton repeated telling us that the so called other schools on the EGHH air field like PAT, BCFT and others @EGHH had a history of ripping students off and moving the goal posts. As well this he’d never fly with the CFI of BCFT capt Plews if he were a student, and was not to be trusted. Since then I have talked to capt Plews and found him to be well organised, proficient and quite competent although a little eccentric.(a cool look in my books)

The miracle glue that held the school together was the previous CFI “Mr. rand” who is well respected by EGHH, us and is sorely missed. He should have never been treated so badly. A thank you also goes to Wilko, Tracy and Maria.

But if you so called cynics and sceptics need any verification on how the students or instructors were treated, I am willing to talk to you face to face or by phone. I’m willing to put you straight on some FACTs on how bad the training and how the escalation of cost was engineered to stretch your patients and bank to the maximum potential. Just email me here for my phone no. or any questions.