PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2009, 16:15
FLAP ZERO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LASIK - Starbursts and Halos 3 months post op

Hi. After failing the class 1 initial (eyes only exam) at Gatwick owing to too much astigmatism I had LASIK in both eyes 3 months ago. It was a case of risk it or give up on a lifelong dream so it was an easy decision for me. Intralase flap creation and custom wavefront. Results are better than 20/20 in each eye with virtually no astigmatism. However, at night I can still see small starbursts around bright lights such as brake lights and LEDs in a dark room, plus small halos around street lights and headlights.

Has anyone had these problems 3 months post LASIK and found that they resolved subsequently?

The symptoms are a little better now than they were 2 months post op and much, much better than immediately post op.

Also, are Gatwick likely to fail me again if I see ANY starbursts/halos, even if they are not "problematic". I can drive just fine for example and don't anticipate a problem with say, PAPI lights. I wonder how they test for these things?

I'm sure that you can understand that I am reluctant to ask an AME at this point...