PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 21st Dec 2009, 12:28
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you vote to support industrial action you do not vote for the lenght of the strike but you vote because you will support the union in an industrial action. It is as simple as that.
Which implies that you accepted a 12 day strike over Christmas. And you would accept a month long strike that would bankrupt the company and cost you your job.

Without having the right to say "Hold on a minute, have you thought this through?".

I have to say I would vote NO if it meant letting former members of the communist party (fact), other left wing individuals with their own political and personal agendas (fact), and a bunch of amateurs who have demonstrated their complete lack of understanding of both trade union and employment law, as well as public support (arguable, but you'd better have a good argument), make decisions without my approval which could very well cost me my job.

But that's just me. The criteria in the previous paragraph can all be substantiated again, but the relevant facts are all to be found on the previous thread, so I won't clutter this thread up with reposts of information available in the public domain.