PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Regulatory Reform Program will drift along forever
Old 21st Dec 2009, 10:01
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and on and on and on and on.....

Grip-pipe, I must admit I quite enjoyed your response,and yes, I am educated in the Westminster doctrine.I dont however subscribe to it's true value nor it's effectiveness as the 'separation of powers' in my opinion has never been clearly and concisely defined, let alone enacted successfuly. I guess another time and place would make a good debate on this issue, and to be fair,we will have to 'agree to disagree' on some of your points, however in regards to your below statement :
So all you have to do is write the occasional press release claiming its all going swimmingly and nobody will question the underlying reality.
I couldnt agree more, you are right on the money !

With that thought, an interesting quote comes to mind from a former Adviser with the Whitlam Government, who wrote ( in part ) :
"Stunting - The futile,posturing determination of some politicians to be seen to be doing something important, and using taxpayers money to pander their egos, while in reality avoiding the hard,important issues"

I believe that this is also an accurate description of the Australian political game here.