PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 21st Dec 2009, 09:01
dave747436

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romans44

Romans44...
On the previous incarnation of this thread you replied to a comment about the pilots 'SCOPE' clause, pointing out that CC had a similar agreement of their own.

We have agreements with BA which governs the number of Cabin Crew required on each flight. This number is determined by the delivery of the product and the workload required by each crew member......
(my bold)

Just to recap the pilots SCOPE clause...
"Any aircraft with 100 seats or more operating from a UK airfield will be flown by BA pilots from the master seniority list" (Paraphrased)

Contrast with the CC agreement....
"We have agreements with BA which governs the number of Cabin Crew required on each flight, with regard to passenger load, destination and other factors" (Paraphrased)

The difference between these two arrangements is perhaps best illustrated by an example:

BA schedule a B777 flight from LHR to JFK.
It is operated by 2 non-BA pilots and 10 non-BA cabin crew.
Has BA broken the pilots agreement? YES (this is why Openskies could not be based at LHR)
Has BA broken the CC agreement? NO (this is why New Fleet is potentially such an issue for current crew)

To the best of my knowledge the current CC agreements dictate how many BA CC are required on each aircraft - but doesn't stipulate that it must be BA CC in order to comply with the agreement.

I believe the original poster who raised this issue was just trying to point out that a SCOPE clause for CC would be a desirable thing for BASSA to achieve as it would mitigate the effect of New Fleet on existing crew.

Hope that makes some sense!