PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobeSpan - 8 (merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2009, 08:43
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hombre

One only need read the reports now posted post event to see that much of the critical comments posted over the last 24 months was close to the mark!!

Whilst i have every respect for loyal employee's fighting the companies corner on this and other fourms, the scorn that was posted by GSM Scot and 4567 against anyone who made a critical comment about Globespan was IMHO way over the threshold of being loyal and firmly into the realm of the deluded.

Taking Globespan from a travel company into an airline was always a risk, however i think that had the airline stuck with the bucket and spade Med market from Scotland it might well still be around.

Running a long haul program, mixed fleet and getting the ex Gill JF involved showed poor judgement at senior management level.

I have no doubt that many more tales of woe will visit these pages in the coming days and weeks showing just how close to the wind they were at times sailing, i am amazed, but not somehow surprised that the MOD ever went near them, but then again this Scottish run Labour goverment have never paid more than lip service when it comes to looking after our troops.

RIP