PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Professional Flight Training - IR CPL MEP
Old 21st Dec 2009, 07:51
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Curse of Google

Read the post on the previous page regarding flipping? Some companies became legendary for it especially in the shark infested worlds of double glazing and furniture.

What has become obvious to us at PPRuNe over the last 18 months is the rapidly growing number of begging letters we receive. Here's part of this week's example:

Dear Sir:
I am writing you to determine if there is anyway I can have a few disparaging threads with reference to my name removed from your site. For the past 5 years have been haunted off and on by very disparaging references to me on your site which unfortunately end up near the top of google search results.
Posts going back 5 years and more are lurking there at the top of google and it's causing a lot of stress for previous devotees of the flippee sect.

If there's a very public front man for an operation there's a whole new research tool for you.

If you have been shafted by the demise of a no assset flippee get the simple unvarnished truth up here and on other forums. Include the flippers name carefully, correctly and Google will be your friend for many years to come.

And sadly it has come to pass again.
More than ten years of warnings ignored.

Don't pay up front.

Pay with a credit card - not a debit card

Never pay by any method to an account in a country other that where the FTO is based. i.e into a Jersey account for a Florida school which has always been a favourite.

Ask questions here and on other forums - why would a no asset operation need significant sums up front?

If you have been shafted state it loud, state it clearly, and get get the flipper's name in twice. New company from the ashes? You might want to mention that as well.

Rob