PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobeSpan - 8 (merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2009, 05:07
matkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roger welcome to the forum, did wonder when you would turn up? Glad to have you here and also to share your perspective, also I could not agree more we now only need our other little friend from the Indian ocean to turn up and we have all of us that witnessed the debacle which was the running of this airline by amateurs as TD and the paper mill boy, one other piece of futility that Roger was not in on was when we had a 50 cycle repeat borescope of an engine because of internal cracking eventually the cracking in question went beyond accepted limits which of course grounded the aircraft well to try to appease the al mighty TD said paper mill boy sent out an e-mail saying that we could not justify grounding the A/C during the summer busy period and that we should contact SNECMA lie to them so that we could keep it flying, oh also this was backed up by rent boy DS of course he had vast engineering knowledge gained as a commercial manager!! I am glad to say this all came to nothing(but not after various threats were aimed at yours truly) and a lease engine was procured again with many obstacles from paper mill boy.
One last thing, Roger I wonder if you remember this? sitting in the boardroom we were discussing a U/S APU which was about to reach it's 10 day MEL limit, well God(TD at that time but shmuck now) asked well Matkat why is it we can fly an A/C for 10 dyas and it's considered airworthy but on the 11th it is not well without even thinking(common for me!!) I said well Tom the 10 day limit is to allow for spares manpower etc to be arranged but anytime after that is not permitted(Yes I know RIE) which prevents unscrupulous operators from not rectifying faults!!!(says it all really) I think in the 15 months I was there it was the first time I had seen Dalrymple lost for words.
By the way in reference to the managing director(HA HA demeans such a title, should have been old clippie) who was the DADDY??????????
Also I really,really hope all you manchester mafia are watching and reading this you lot sold your sole you were warned but you were all so smug, to clarify I only mean the MAN mafia that came to Colinton when we were still there and slagged off the people that had been fighting against the tide so long and hard only to be bad mouthed by you lot, MW not you because you saw after a few weeks just how hard it was, but the rest of you well what I think of you cannot be put down here but it can not be to hard for even you lot to work it out.
CH you upset a lot of people by refusing to pay contracted notice periods(me included) was it worth it? somehow I think not! well you will have now lost exactly the same as I did so now you know how it feels