PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 21st Dec 2009, 03:32
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Lurker, my mother died of a heart attack, does that mean we can't use the words "heart" or "attack" in our posts?

Romans,
I am pretty sure that if the company removed the imposition tomorrow BASSA would not expect things to return to normal overnight. As I said in previous posts, there are ways of going around it, especially as the winter schedule is coming. I truly believe that, were there is a will there is a way.
Romans, you don't get it. BA CANNOT remove imposition. It cannot afford to. The company has lost about 1 billion pounds in the year up to last June. It is probably still losing 50 million pounds a month. It has a pension deficit of 3.7 Billion. The company is valued at (optimistically) 2.2 Billion. It has cash reserves of 2 Billion to draw on (borrowed at disadvantageous rates due to it's weak credit rating) which are needed for new aircraft if it is to survive.

Are you still not getting the point?

No doubt Lizanne tells you that 2 Billion is a "fighting fund" or some such nonsense. Well the answer is, it isn't there to fund the cushy lives of BASSA members.

I actually wonder if BA will be able to reveal even provisional figures for 2009 before your union next attempt to destroy the company. A figure of 500-600 million pounds lost would normally make people think twice.

I prefer to think of BASSA as a parasite on the company. Those who've lost relatives to tapeworm, you have my deepest sympathy.

And for the odious Malone, Rudyard Kipling? For God's sake woman, how long before you and your bumbling colleagues start quoting Rupert Brooke?

Which would be ironic, because you are the generals sending the privates to the slaughter.

Notwithstanding the potential destruction of a great company, I suppose there is very little point in banging one's head against a wall.

Who's for a game of football between the trenches?

Ironic that we talk of early deaths on the morning young Brittany Murphy collapsed and died of cardiac arrest at the too young age of 32.

May I wish the very best for the festive season to all PPRUNER's, and hope and pray that some common sense prevails, and that this isn't the last Christmas we will be talking about British Airways in its current form.

Last edited by Desertia; 21st Dec 2009 at 03:40. Reason: Lizanne's rubbish