PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Employing Contract Captains in Summer 2010
Old 21st Dec 2009, 00:09
TOFFAIR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I agree with most statements here, i would doubt a strike could resolve the situation, in the best of cases would postpone some ideas...
Maybe some of you guys noticed most job offers posted on flight or pjn are from contractors, and honestly, being unemployed I would post a CV on any of those I fit. Not to speak of the low experience guys who after a costly ATP training still hv to pay for the TR, and then at the bottom line of bossible waiting list, and maybe some years doing some survival jobs consider even paying just to get to the promissed seat! Who puts its hope on Unions are dreamers, our Union gets us a rise 3-4% a year telling its an improvement over an official 2% inflation rate a year while the reality is between 12-13%, at least for the stuff i hv to pay... I think UK might not be that different.
Unfortunately companies are not ordering many planes this days, and those performing best are those "contracting" , so, an outlook for crew shortage? I don't count on this, keep it real, if western crews are applying for eastern companies, Uk pilots flying for the carriers of their former colonies (to upgrade salary and lifestyle!) why doubt if guys from every corner show up and get the job as long he does it for fewer bucks!
Another thing some of you may think wrong is about the skills people from other places may bring, because the flightschool, in order to comply with the LCC New Order and compete with others on the self sponsoring wannabees, thighten the program to a minimum and the idea of using some simulators its posible to place a Katana almost proficient guy to a A320 right seat
On the other side, the other day a captain in my company on a GT, stopped for break and got a bus drivers discount in the restaurant
Lets fly whille it makes fun, the we continue for the addiction and when you wanna give up its too late anyway!
cheers