PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parent Rewarded For Child's Rowdy Behaviour On Plane
Old 20th Dec 2009, 23:52
left bass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. This may have been unusual behaviour for this child. Even the most well-behaved kids go mad occasionally, especially in an unfamiliar environment like an aircraft.

2. "We can't listen to that screaming for two hours" or words to that effect. Big assumption there.

3. "Parents who selfishly force the rest of us to pay the cost of their choices in life are stealing from us"? Well don't worry Amy and all the rest of you: you'll get your money back when all those screaming kids you resent are paying your pensions in a couple of decades.

Oh yes, unless you plan to keep a few decades worth of gold under your mattress, you'll need other peoples screaming kids to pay YOUR pension. Lots of them. And if you live in the US, where you're printing dollars like there's no tomorrow, that means BIG lots of other peoples' kids.

Don't get me wrong, I find it hard to take hours of screaming kids too. Especially when I'm on a rare break from my own. But I'll take a whole house full of bad tempered rowdy children over the smug attitudes expressed in this article - and this thread - any day of the week.