PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 20th Dec 2009, 23:24
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Performance Managing

Weather Map I TOTALLY agree with you. There are MANY truly excellent CSDs and PSRs and they need to be commended and rewarded as such to motivate them to continue. These are the ones who lead by example, have high standards in both safety and service standards and who encourage and motivate other crew to have the same and manage any crew who do not perform. Unfortunately speaking as a main crew member who do have many poor performing CSDs and PSRs which is actually frustrating for me as a main crew member as I do like to do things properly and do hate complacency particularly with SEP standards, but also with service. I have even flown with some SCCMs (a minority) who chat during the briefing then say ''we have done a oven fire today'' they wink and do not ask the mandatory questions! Even SCCMs who do not lead by example. It is frustrating for us main crew who are enthusiastic about our job and BA and would like promotion as we care and these SCCMs don't if you see what I'm saying. HOWEVER as I said there are MANY truly fab PSRs/CSDs, some current, some have left now who do make me proud to work for BA!

Shame not all are like that but as Tiramisu says it is a long standing problem - and probably is at many other airlines although I think a new performance management system for these people should be introduced, as some people do not peform as they know they can get away with it!