PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 20th Dec 2009, 22:44
the heavy heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seriously depressed now. Just read lala's latest missive and I'm lost for words. No matter how much you hate ww/daily mail/thatcher/capitalism/pilots you would have to be beyond help if you are unable to see past the lies, half truths and childish spin that it contains.

I now don't see what option the company had but to just fight bassa with it's own tactics. Go nuclear, hang the consequences. Remove the csd role, make them re-apply for their jobs and sack the ones you dint want to keep. 'cut out the disease.' Hey use the money saved (66% of the pay going to 33% of crew, solidarity sisters and brothers, but some pigs are more equal, Orwell not offence) to let the new contraact crew, most of you, keep what you've got. What options have unite/bassa left ww with? The constant mantra of negotiation not imposition flies totally in the face of the last years worth of talks, that cc are proud of their union after it's latest debacle is insanity on a stick!

I now expect that we won't survive. I was ready to strike over OS but that was before the present meltdown. Right now I'd pretty much give my right nut to keep this job being paid the same as my mates at easy and virgin but having read the likes of watersidew, fume, otter, pib etc etc I've accepted that I'll be starting again at BAOC mk2 on less than I've got now. Only time will tell if watching the crew live in the new reality will make my pill easier to swallow.

I retire from this thread wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas and a reflective and peaceful new year, one none of us in BA deserve. I hope we use the time to watch a country find hope in difficult times whilst in the company of family and loved ones and remeber that we where prepared to destroy that to prove a point whilst hastening our end.

I hope that I'm wrong but I'll be flying aircraft full of passengers who resent us
and crew who hold us all in contempt. Henky is right, we will get the future we deserve.

Adios amigo's, I loved it, I really did.

Last edited by the heavy heavy; 20th Dec 2009 at 23:13.