PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Engines and indications
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2009, 17:37
Coldbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320 Engines and indications

Hi,

Looking for some silver haired captains who can help me understand the indications on the E/WD and general engine handling. I am rated on the A320, but haven't flow it for a while (yes one of the unfortunate)
I am also helping the developers making a very realistic simulation of the A320. (see AirSimmer) This inevitably means that there is some questions that is not readily explained by the FCOM.

(All in ISA conditions and I am looking at both engines)

- When we climb up the EPR increases to maintain a constant N1 (V2500 engine), but why? and still the N1 is not really constant as it increases a little bit up to 5000feet and is then constant to about 17000feet where it starts to fall. This is all based on data from the FCOM

- The Max EPR, the amber line. Am I right it falls when we climb up? or does the Climb limit increase up to the Max EPR?

- If you put the thrust levers all the way forward the thrust will go up to the Max EPR limit?

- Can someone tell me the Max EPR/N1 for different altitudes if it changes, otherwise if the Max EPR/N1 is constant what is the value then?

Thank very much for you help,

Martin