PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 20th Dec 2009, 15:38
based on facts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that the Purser feels this particular event is history and views it as such, and that the captain has had his 15 minutes of fame. Having that meeting would "help ease him back into flying" as was told to her. She has no desire to help ease him into flying!! So, it's not that she is concerned about "her story" holding up. She doesn't want to waste anymore of her time or thought on this matter. And, she is not now or ever has been on "thin ice." She was NEVER taken out of service and the crews, pilots & flight attendants alike are STILL asking how she's doing etc. Pilots and Flight Attendants alike will trade or do what they have to to not fly with him. We depend on the male/female in the left seat to keep us safe...he lost credibility with us. We all wonder what in the world happened to the 2 F/O's that they agreed to continue with him. One of them said he (capt.) was most intimidating towards them. Well, their credibility is shot as well. While all of us like to fly we need to not just feel safe but need to actually be safe. If a captain makes a bizarre decision, just as this guy did...well, there are consquences. As for "the tampering with food." Are you people for real!?! He's flying the damn airplane!! I don't think ANYONE on our crew had a death wish! I have heard that Visine rumor for decades, althought I've never seen or heard of anyone who actually did it. There are all sorts of rumors within the US flight industry and 99% have become folklore...this is probably one as well. IF anyone ANYWHERE was caught doing this...an arrest needs to be made. This was obvisously not the case here. What I have heard...from within our own airline...if a captain has a dislike of a F/A for whatever reason, they'll say, they fear for their food and the F/A is removed with pay. That's about as extreme as I've ever witnessed.