PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2009, 15:21
Walnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I notice that Easyjet has canx yet more flights today. The w/x is a major factor I know but I believe that the company will cancel if the outbound flight is unable to make it back. A few days ago I came back from Pfo both ends of the route had open airports and yet Easyjet canx? Why? Other airlines did not. On talking to others I realise that the company will not commit if the a/c will not rtn. This I have realised, as have many of my friends, is a very good reason not to travel with them in times of adverse w/x. At least the legacy airlines do try,and will bend over backwards to get you there even if a little late. Maybe BA should highlight this point.

Having posted this I now find the Easyjet communications manager on BBC News. He said they were doing everything in their power, & they "might" charter in extra capacity. do Easyjet ever do this? The newscaster was not very convinced and neither was I. Easyjet take your money and fly you on a certain flight but beyond that if things go wrong you are on your own. That was the impression given by News 24. Millions saw it & will draw their own conclusions

Last edited by Walnut; 20th Dec 2009 at 19:03.