PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2009, 11:48
Storchpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Wow thanks for a lot of information OzExpat and SIUYA, I really appreciate that!!!
Concerning one comment....in the too-hard basket...sounds familiar, although I havnīt been in PNG for nearly 20 years. But at the time I lived there and especially during the two later visits, this really applied to a lot of things . A pity really for such a beautiful (and long time ago wonderful) place. But on the other hand the very tiny country I live in, in the middle of Europe also reminds me more and more of PNG. If you need to get anything done you either need wantoks or other relations. Presents or other bribes may also help. Or a wantok who is mightier and has more power than the guy you need something from.
Regarding the NMB and the Dept. of Lands....heard enough about them to. It seems you have to pesonally be very persistent to get something off them. Does anybody think it would be possible to get maps directly from the Oz military.....

Just got back in from work(-10°C, heavy snowfall)...Iīm a bit jealous of you guys on the southern hemisphere. I donīt even want to know what the temps are. At least we might be having a white Christmas.
Anyway thanks again and Seasons Greetings to you too.