PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 20th Dec 2009, 08:29
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4. People who sign up for this aren't stupid or deluded, they just want the gig and are prepared to pay for it. Happens in every downturn, it isn't new. I can remember people buying type ratings back in the '80s.
They are and stupid, deluded people existed in the 80s too. Besides, buying a TR with a guaranteed job at the end is one thing, buying a TR with 50 - 75 hours attached when qualified, experienced people are losing theirs is disrespectful, a complete mockery of the food chain, bad karma, short termist (what do they think will happen the following year - much, much more so on a scheme like this than Ryanairs), impatient and dreadfully, ignorantly thick in my view. Of course, little William, whos parents are so proud that he has scraped a CPL/IR will pay for it so that they can say at dinner parties that 'William's now a pilot for Easyjet'.

(Disclaimer: no I am not at Oxford having lost out on a scheme like this to someone rich called William, nor have I ever!)

I couldn't understand the Ryanair scheme and why people signed up for it, I REALLY can't understand this. This makes the Ryanair deal look excellent. It's absolutley appauling. And to offer it as an 'opportunity' is laughable - an opportunity for who? OAA/ Parc and EasyJet and that is it.

The fact it has been forced on the CTC people is a completely different debate and one that the trainees thus far are not at fault over.