PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Regulatory Reform Program will drift along forever
Old 19th Dec 2009, 23:09
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will The Real CASA Please Stand Up

I guess the ironic thing at the end of the day is that although we vent and raise fists of rage at CASA more often than not,the real villans are perched on leather chairs within Government's so called 'Silo of Excellence',Parliament House.Government pulls and controls CASA's strings.Government supplies CASA's (lack of) funding,the Governemnt tell's CASA what it can and can't do,and the Government sings CASA's praises when things are looking good,then tears through CASA when things don't look favourable.The game of Politics is what prevents CASA operating 100% effectively.If the Government properly funded CASA,didn't interfere with any decision making processes when those decisions affected an individual politicians ego or reputation, and allowed CASA to do carry out its soul purpose - 'To oversight safety within Australian aviation', then Australian aviation would be a better place.
I am really starting to see CASA as being the messenger, so should we shoot the messenger ? I'm not so sure anymore.....
Over to you Frank!