PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Being addressed by name.
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 22:01
nicolai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have NEVER heard CC (of either gender) talking about their private lives
I sometimes hear some crew having a conversation about work, their personal life, gossiping about their colleagues, or similar, particularly when sitting near the crew seats on a high-density lo-co aircraft. It's not like the crew have anywhere to go that isn't near some pax on those aircraft and if there's nothing in particular to do in that part of the flight and no pax talking to them, what else are they going to do? Sitting silent like a misplaced mannekin all the time would be awful - noone is happy or effective in a job when constrained from any social behaviour.
I've never heard anything that was embarassing, confidential, socially awkward, or similar - but really, how bad is it to be talking about your next roster, your search for a good plumber to fix your drains, a friend's wedding, your desire for a holiday somewhere warm soon, the sports results, or the many other harmless things the pax are talking about just next to the crew?
Recently I sat next to a colleague both in the front row opposite the crew and after we got off my colleague commented on the crew seeming to have nothing better to do than talk about other crew, and I had to inform the colleague that at that phase of the flight there's not much else to be doing and she agreed it was harmless after all.