PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - **warning**
Thread: **warning**
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2002, 09:10
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
B Sousa:

I'm really sorry about this but I fear that you and I have a bit of a difference of opinion about the art of effective communication.

You are telling me that in effect you are too idle to use your spell-checker. This makes me wonder what else you can't be bothered to check when you go flying.

Accuracy is important. There is a huge difference between a hangar and a hangar for example. Try putting your helicopter in one of the former at the end of the day.

Your contention that verbal or phonetic communication is good enough for you reminds me of the famous yarn about the chap right on the front line who sent the message back to HQ by word of mouth "send reinforcements, we're going to advance". By the time it got to HQ it had turned into "send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance"!

Not that I ever went to university, I believe that a Rhodes scholarship will ensure entry into one of the Oxford universities. A Rhoades scholarship probably wouldn't even get you on to a bar stool in the University Arms.

I am not quite sure what to make of your military comments but since I only managed to fly in the military for 18 years (without a single desk job) I shall happily bow to your superior knowledge.