PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Herk SAR?
Thread: Herk SAR?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 18:52
Biggus

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts
davejb

First of all I am not interested in starting a pissing contest.

As you surmise, most of the people posting on here regarding the Herc's abilities in the SAR role appear to be present or ex Herc operators. All they have been trying to do is inform with regard to its abilities in that role. Indeed they have often stated what it cannot do as well as what it can. None of them (including myself) have, to the best of my knowledge, either had a go at the Nimrods abilities, or said they can do SAR better. They have just been trying to educate/inform.

Since you appear to be based in Forres, you are undoubtedly a current/ex Nimrod man, and no doubt have a firm grasp of its abilities. But have you ever operated the Herc? Nobody has doubted your comments on the Nimrods abilities, so why do you seem (note careful use of the word "seem") to doubt the comments from the Herc fraternity, and see it as defending ones fleet rather than just telling it as it is?

Nobody in the Herc world is clamouring to take over the SAR role from the Nimrod fleet, believe me....

Once again, I am not attempting to start a pissing contest, or flame, just a genuine question?