PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK leave
Thread: EK leave
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 17:30
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every single pilot who bids for peak leave, contingent upon his prior allocation, should receive it. I can't believe that some people are actually gloating how they got peak leave and according to WhiteKnight, he also got it this year and finds pleasure in calling the rest of us ''girls''. Then again he's a big GWB supporter and proud that he helped elect him..... TWICE. Mind-boggling to say the least.

Anyhow, two things should be obvious from this thread.
1- some pilots at EK don't give a rats ass about other pilots as long as they themselves feel they have benefited.
2- EK does not employ enough pilots required to fill the roster and allocate Leave according to their own rules!

I mean really.... what is the deal with only ensuring 30 days Leave, when 42 days are mandated? The average office dweeb gets more vacation than the average PILOT! That is just messed up, especially considering our schedules.

By the way, it used to be guaranteed that pilots either got the Christmas leave period or the Easter leave period or the summer leave period. But now that the bar has been set so low, it seems that some of us are wallowing in other's misfortunes (eg. WhiteKnight), or we are grateful to get even ONE peak period a year.

And this is from a guy who got EXACTLY what he bid for this year...... yet I find no pleasure in seeing my colleagues struggle to keep their family lives in order because EK is notorious for not fulfilling THEIR end of the bargain.