PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - T5 Miserable Failure To Perform
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 17:14
perkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skippy & Paddy,

I read an article earlier (bbc website I think) that said some aircraft didnt get unloaded last night (bags left on planes) as the handlers refused to work overtime...think it was T5, but I could be wrong...

However, if there were baggage handlers, I can't see why on earth the captain wouldn't delay the flight to ensure all the bags made it on as I think it was probably the last Manchester bound run from LHR, so would seem sensible just to delay for the bags, but maybe everyone who works for BA is so cheesed off with it they just wanna get home on time and couldnt care less about a few bags?!

Another T5 story from me involved getting my usual back row seat (my fave place at end of week so I get on first and just sit quietly while all the other people enter a scrum for luggage space etc etc), Fri evening, LHR-MAN and positioned myself well at the gate for the call to boarding....only to be foiled by the groundstaff boarding the front half first, which made so much sense when the airbridge was attached, you guessed it, at the front door of the aircraft...took somewhat longer than normal to get everyone on board and seated. No offence Paddy, but I'm so very glad BMI have survived for the time being!!