PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 16:15
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
standbyils - as AEU management you will understandably resent the unpleasant debate that has taken place here and the unfavourable outcome to this contract. It turns out NSF and others were totally correct in their assertions and, despite personal abuse and misinformation from a number of contributors, their views have been shown to be completely correct. I am pleased that the vultures hovering out the barely-breathing carcass of Aer Lingus have been sent packing for a while. No doubt there will be many more twists of the knife but for the moment this is the only appropriate outcome. If Aer Lingus jobs are to go soon, then this contract will have nothing to do with it. All you did was attempt to form a cartel against the Irish unions - mercifully they saw what was happening and did something to stop it.

Round 2 to IALPA, and time for a quick breather. Very soon, the cry will go out, "Seconds out, Round 3". I hope that the IALPA boys will be well rested, as they are going to get a few well-placed head shots in the opening exchanges. I daresay they will get in a few body blows themselves. The good news is you chaps are not going to get the ringside seats you had hoped for - more pay per view in a back room somewhere.