PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Spreading its net wider ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 16:07
biscuit74

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks folks.

No I wouldn't fly uninsured - and yes they did include an SAE.
Nice to know this isn't new. A surprisingly large number of my friends & acquaintances have received these survey 'requests' as part of the 'random sample'. I am suspicious when that happens. How large a sample?

No problem at all, I just don't see why they want to stick their noses in unless it is with the intention of justifying yet another set of excess charges which add little or nothing to safety. To me, being insured is a matter of general law - legal liability exposure cover, rather than a subject for the CAA. Or are they trying to turn themselves into another DVLC style jobsworth exercise?

I am unimpressed with the recent flurry of bumff from them.
Disappointing, they used to be a good bunch of folk inmy experience. Now appear more interested in paperwork for its own sake than engineering thinking.

Apparently heavily airline oriented with sadly far too little to contribute to grassroots private aviation now. Fortunately the LAA has some very good people who do understand and who have a fair link to what seem to be the few remaining worthwhile CAA folk.