PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 15:10
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well after 34 years in BA, I have seen nothing in AEU training to make me think standards are any lower than there. In fact, with frequent audits by Star Alliance confirming it, Astraeus standards have come out better than some of the larger members of the Star Alliance group. Training up for AL a large number of new crew on a new type can't have been easy, but it has apparently been done to acceptable standards to the CAA, so any issues you have, see how far you can take them there!

It has been known for a long time the owner wanted Airbus. However, it was not as suitable for the owner's operation because of payload/range issues, and also the extreme weather that exists up there. The 737 is able to do over 5 hours with a full load and matches the market better. The Airbus talk was long before AL came anywhere near the scene, so there were no Machiavellian schemes going on. The whole AL thing was dropped in our laps with minimal notice, and I don't know how it was achieved so well given it was a new type never experienced before in the company.

If AL has changed its mind and has either surrendered or decided to tackle its problem a different way, then there is a parting of the ways. But AEU was fulfilling its side of the contract AL gave it, and is not due the critical comments from casualties, or soon to be casualties, in Ireland or elsewhere. Sort your problem out with your own company (or you may soon alternatively 'get sorted'), but AEU went into this contract to fulfill its terms. People are directing abuse at the easy target, rather than the cause of their trouble! Pity they don't have the courage to speak to those responsible in the same vein! That I would like to see! But they won't- far easier to sound off (anonymously) at a target that can't fire back, and isn't the one that pays you the vastly overinflated salaries (for now). Guys, you have a mystery battle coming up- save your energies!