PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is a flight instructor?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 12:22
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mach E Avelli in a perverse way I am comforted to know that Australia is not missing out on the advantages of having deep thinking government people who are making sure your pilots are not being taught by inept ignorant instructors.

I am afraid to go to bed with the knowledge that for all those years we have been flying with airline crews who have been taught by instructors who were not certified flight instructors.

No wonder there have been airplane accidents in the airlines, what else would one expect knowing the pilots were receiving training from inept, uneducated instructors.

Now that CASA has shown they are beyond the leading edge in deep thinking why not send a few of the brighter ones to the world conference on global warming so they can save the whole planet?

Sometimes I fear for my own sanity when I think of the depths of ignorance I have been subjected to.

Do you think it is to late for me to go back to school and renew my instructors rating?

I look at the Cub I am working on in my work shop and wonder what I will do with it when I finish building it, my original intention was to give tail wheel instruction with it, but now I am deeply troubled wondering if I will have the strength to go back to school and get a license to allow me to teach on the thing........it is troubling to say the least.