PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Qantas Management waging psychological warfare on its staff?
Old 19th Dec 2009, 11:45
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Managers like to tell us that those who are disengaged are just unable to accept change and change is the only way to "move forward". Where I work, I have seen certain old work practices rejected from day one of operations only to be implimented after a year or two. It's frustrating to see a workplace turned upside down for changes sake with no real improvement in 1) Quality 2) Efficiency 3) Support (or in fact, to see these things go backwards!) Meanwhile those responsible high five each other and tell us what a great job they are doing.
Brissysparkycolt, you hit the nail on the head. You may very well recall in the great LAME battle of '08, how the LAME's were asking for a piddly 5% and the management simply said NO and dug their heels in. It cost them (what they're willing to admit) $150M and put the blame squarely on the LAME's. This is the bloody mindedness of management to save face at any cost.

As a Line LAME in SYD, no matter who I talk to, Pilots, cabin crew, check-in, cleaners, toilet dump guy, baggage handlers, catering, everyone says the same thing. They're short-staffed, managers are unapproachable, and always have a threat that if the game isn't lifted, that the work will be outsourced, or that contract casual staff are coming in and eroding the workplace. The current management is no different to the previous circus clowns that almost sold the company from underneath us. It's the same game, but with different players.

All we can hope for is that something will give, and give these alleged managers one almighty shake and wake them up from their coma. That is how they're running QANTAS. In a comatose state with no regard or accountability for what they're doing.